Sunday, August 31, 2008

Retro Movie Review, Scarface

Wow. If I have ever learned a message from a movie then I surely learned one from Scarface.
1. Do not do mountains of cocaine.
2. Do not cross a drug lord in another country. (you might get a way with it if the drug lord is local)
3. Italians look just like Cubans.

I can see how Scarface is an iconic film. At the time I bet this movie blew people away. Now, eh... the movie isn't so relevant. Maybe it kinda is since drugs are still around and I presume drug trafficking, but my favorite drug trafficking movie is Traffic. Wow, if you haven't seen Traffic then this is one to see. Wait... is it weird that I actually have a 'favorite' drug trafficking movie??? Anyways, that's beside the point.
Scarface was alright but it got really slow at some points. I had to watch some scenes in FF. I did enjoy the classic, "Say Hello to my little friend" scene. The downside to watching the movie is now Jesse is talking like Tony Montana around the house. Yeah, that's not annoying...
Overall, I would give Scarface 2.5 Quaaludes out of 5.

No comments: