Sunday, August 31, 2008

Tropic Thunder, 4 VietcongS out of 5

It took me a while to see Tropic Thunder because I have been busy these past two weekends. I had intended on seeing the movie when it first came out so, I finally made it to the theater this weekend. The movie was awesome. It was funny and it delivered constant comedy throughout with a couple of slow/lame moments. That's pretty good for a comedy since a lot only have sporadic moments of truly funny scenes. Tropic Thunder really packed a punch and Robert Downey Jr. stole the movie. RDJ was so awesomely funny that I hope to see him in another comedy. Jack Black and Ben Stiller may be the actual 'comedians' but RDJ outshone the 2 of them. (Outshone sounds weird, is that a word?)
Anyhow, I highly recommend seeing this one. Leave the kids at home and get ready to laugh. Also, get to the movie early so you don't miss the previews. The previews were great.

No comments: