Sunday, October 26, 2008

Guitar Hero World Tour, Drum FAIL!


So, I pre-ordered Guitar Hero World Tour as a birthday present for myself. I woke up early (10:00 am) and went down to Best Buy. Waited in line at Customer Service (for some lame reason you can't check-out at the normal cash register when you do a pre-order...?) Finally got checked out and paid for the entire Band Kit. Got home, set it up and I was most excited about the drum kit- this one isn't like the Rock Band kit because it has 2 cymbal pads. Anyhow, I got it all put together and I was ready to rock out when... WTF!! THE DRUMS DON'T WORK RIGHT!! I was confused, so I tried unhooking everything and making sure all was properly plugged in and synced up- but to no avail... the Orange Drum pad for Guitar Hero World Tour is not responsive! And, the other drums pads don't play correctly like the sensitivity is messed up. I am so bummed out. I played the game using the mic and the guitar and those were just fine but the drums are broken. So, I called Best Buy because I wanted to bring the faulty drums back and switch them out but apparently other people were having the same problem and on top of that they were all sold out the game anyhow; so even if I could exchange the drum kit chances are the next set would be faulty too.
I guess I will wait and see what Activision & Red Octane are going to do about this problem. I am tempted to just return the entire thing to Best Buy, get my money back and wait for the next (& corrected) batch to come out.
If anyone hears what the scoop is, post a reply and let me know!
Link to story about other gamers experiencing the same problems.

No comments: