Monday, July 14, 2008

Wall-E, 4.5 Robots out of 5

Well people, you can believe the hype about Wall-E! This was a wonderful animated film and I enjoyed every minute of it. There are so many extra layers to the story of Wall-E. The most obvious message is about pollution and humans destroying our planet with needless consumerism. As someone who helped initiate the recycling program where I work, this is a message I endorse whole-heartedly. I am no saint though, I shop as much as anyone else, but I really think that mandatory recycling is something that should be implemented in large cities throughout the US. But, I am not here to preach about recycling- I am here to tell you all to go out and see Wall-E! The characters, even though non-human, showed more emotion and character than the humans in the film. This movie will not make you laugh out loud as many times as Shrek will, but you will leave the theater feeling satisfied that you just saw a really good movie. The animation is beautiful and often it's hard to believe that what you are watching is animated and not real.What I am not so sure about is how a kid will feel about this movie. When I saw Wall-E there were mostly adults in the theater and only 2 kids. One of the kids wasn't paying attention at all and was running around the entire time- now I don't know if this is because the film couldn't hold the attention of the kid or if the kid has ADD. But, as a semi-grown up I really liked this movie and I will assume that kids will like it too, but maybe not as much as Kung-Fu Panda.
Bottom line though, go and see Wall-E, you won't regret it.Beautiful scenes like this make the movie fun to watch.
I think I might start tearing up.... this movie is so sweet!
Above is an example of the realistic animation. Pixar movies are top notch!

1 comment:

Mark said...

Just a thought...should the movie reviews be in your Urbania blog instead of WTF? You're seeing the movies while living in C-U...maybe your opinions of them are influenced by your surroundings (and those you work with!) :-)