Sunday, June 22, 2008

Get Smart, 3 Shoephones out of 5

I saw Get Smart this weekend and it was really funny. I really like Steve Carell, I think he is one of the funniest people on TV and in movies. (although I need to watch The Office on Netflix because I have only seen a couple of episodes) The only thing I didn't really like was Anne Hathaway. I don't think she was cast well as Agent 99. She is too young to be paired up with Steve Carell, it just didn't jive for me. I also would like to have seen more Masi Oka (my favorite Hero, Hiro!). His role in the film could have been smarter and had a bigger presence. Other than those two things I thought the movie was great. The Rock, Dwayne Johnson, was really good in the film. I surprisingly liked his character and thought he was very well cast as Agent 23. If you are in the market for a fresh, family friendly film, then go see Get Smart!

On a kinda unrelated note, Steve Carrell was on the Daily Show and I thought this clip was really funny.

No comments: