Friday, June 6, 2008

Glow in the Dark Tour

Jesse and I saw Kanye West in concert in Chicago on May 23, 2008. It was the best concert I have ever been to!! I can only describe it as a theatrical concert; and what I mean by that is that there was a plot and props and a set. This was not just a typical concert where the musicians comes out and plays songs & interacts with the audience by saying, 'How are doing tonight Chicago?'
This was way more than that. Whether you like hip-hop music is beside the point because I promise that once you are in the arena and the show starts, you will be pulled into Kanye's world. Sounds deep, huh? Well it was and it was great. I can't say enough about it. I hope this sets the bar for performers and musicians.
On another note, this was the first concert I have been to in a while that did not allow cameras. Usually the ticket says 'no cameras or video-recording devices' blah, blah- but you can sneak a digicam in and security doesn't care. Not at this concert though, you have to open your purse/bag to be searched thoroughly and go through metal detectors. I still managed to sneak my camera in though... But that wasn't the end of the No Camera rule. When Kanye came out to perform he had his own set of 'security guards' that filtered into the audience to make sure no one was recording or snapping pics. This was a concert first for me & they were serious about it too. Several people around me were told to stop by these guys, so you had to be super sneaky if you wanted to take a picture of Mr. West.

These were the best pictures I could manage, given the strict security and the dark lighting.

2 comments:

Mark said...

you OBVIOUSLY didn't see Styx on the Mr Roboto tour, did you? :-)

MellyButton said...

Yeah, too bad I missed the Mr. Roboto tour- if only I could travel back in time!