Friday, June 20, 2008

Personalized Plates?

One thing I noticed when I moved to Illinois was that there are sooo many cars that have personalized plates. I found out later that they used to be free. Now they are not free and that sucks, I have always wanted a personalized plate but I am too cheap to pay for one. I have daydreamed about what I would get on one but I am so fickle I don't know if I can commit to one idea (since I have so many brilliant ideas) OK, I'll get to the point now. When you decide on your personalized license plate make sure that you look at it from every angle to make sure that it can't be interpreted any other way than what you want to convey. For example, Mark, my boss has ordered a custom Mini Cooper and he wants vanity plates. He started a list of really cute names to choose from and one of them was a play on the color of the Mini, Chili Red. So, the plate read HOTMALE, (hot tamale) yeah, but if you don't read it as Hot Tamale it actually reads HOT MALE. Which is pretty funny, right? So, with that in mind, there is a car not too far from work that may not have thought their vanity plates out thoroughly. I think they meant to convey something about baseball, but it came out like this...

Unless the vehicle owner is a Urologist??

2 comments:

Mark said...

Wow, I'm famous! I made the blog! :-)

MellyButton said...

Call it repayment for all the mini Chick-o-sticks I have eaten from your candy dish! You will live in immortality like the rest of us internet gods!!