Sunday, June 29, 2008

Wanted, 4.5 Bullets out of 5!

Jesse, Jackie and I saw Wanted on Friday night in Savoy. We got there about 15 minutes before the 9:25 show and when we got there it was sold out already. So we opted for the 9:55 showing. WOW, the Savoy theater was jumping. I don't think I have ever seen that many people there, but what else is there to do in this town anyways? Anyhow, thankfully the 9:55 was not sold-out so we had an appropriate buffer zone between us nerds and the other dorks there to see Angelina Jolie get wicked with it.

First, let me say that Wanted is based on a graphic novel of the same name. That is important because it help viewers understand some of the 'far-out' scenes in the film. I read one review where the reviewer did not like the movie because "it could never happen", so I wasn't sure if that guy had done his homework and realized that the film is based on a comic. Another thing the critics didn't seem to like is the violence in the movie. To that I have nothing to say really... I mean if you don't like violent movies then I don't think it is fair of you to judge an action film. I don't run around writing reviews about country music. Anyhow, that is all off topic.
What I really want to say is that Wanted is a fun and exciting action movie. It has elements of the Matrix, Bourne Identity and a little Gone in 60 Seconds. Compared to other films in the same genre this movie totally kicks ass. If you are looking for a life altering, My Left Foot type of film go elsewhere. Now, if you are looking for an exciting adrenaline filled summer flick, then go see Wanted. You won't be disappointed!
Angelina Jolie was great, Morgan Freeman was pretty good and James McAvoy was awesome.

No comments: